URBANIZATION IN KARNATAKA :-
3. The 2001 Census shows that the level of urbanisation in India increased from 25.7 % in 1990-91 to 27.8 % in 2001
4. Urban Population % in Karnataka. - click here to download.
A. 1981 : 28.89 %
B. 1991 : 30.92 %
C. 2001 : 34.00 %
D. 2011 : 37.55 % (projected)
1. Increase of urban population increased demand of all kinds of urban infrastructure and services.
2. Demand over taking supply.
3. 74th Amendment assigns crucial role for public participation in urban governance .
4. High expectation level of service delivery by citizens.
5. Multifold increase in responsibility of public reps.
5. Satisfying varying needs of rich, poor and the middle class. Assured access to core services - drinking water, sanitation, housing & roads
6. Asper 2001 Census Only 44% of urban households have access to sanitation
7. Total shortage of houses in urban areas: 2.18 lakhs
8. Stakeholders consultation & transparency is the need of the hour
9. Trends and patterns of urbanisation in India... click here to download.
10. Urbanisation in Karanataka (Census 2001).